TURTLE

"Pat" wrote in message ...
Hard to flush it out and drain the WH , it is in an inside utility room.
I have never done that . And don't know how to flush it.

When I turned the main water on outside with the water heater off the
overflow still drips water. It doesn't run out but constantly drips.

If the WH wasn't on the way out would iI have a small amount of water
under the water heater .

Pat

This is Turtle.

You could have anything else wrong but the water could just coming from the Pressure / Temperature safety high leaking and leaking before it gets outside. Now SQLit just told you about saving a new hot water tank being installed but if you want a new one. Buy you one real quick for they may stop selling them anyday now.

Change the Pressure / Temperature Safety valve on the tank [ Home Cheap-0 $6.99 ] and you will probley not need a new hot water heater.

TURTLE