Malcolm Reeves

Default Flame effect electric fire - recommendations?

Hi,

I'm looking for something to replace the coal fire roomheater I've
just taken out and I think I'd like an electric replacement as this is
less work, and you can have the flame effect without the heat. Plus
I'm not on gas so installing that would be a pain and be LPG.

So I'd like an electric inset fire with a good flame effect. And
quiet. I brought home one from B&Q today and that's going back. The
flame effect was quite reasonable but the noise of the fan to drive it
was very noticeable. Unacceptably so .

I've looked at Dimplex but I don't like their mirror effect. This fire
had translucent screen that in my opinion was less noticeable than
seeing reflections, even if when off you could vaguely see the flames.
Can you hear the flame fan on Dimplex or do they not use a fan?

So, any recommendations? Ones I should look at? Do any have quiet
flame effects?

--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
, or ).
Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

http://www.fullcircuit.com or http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - www.CharteredConsultant.co.uk - The Consultant A-List