On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:28:23 GMT, Wayne Whitney

On 2005-01-04, HorneTD wrote:

Wayne Whitney wrote:

Doesn't doing this require that both circuits be protected by the same
circuit breaker, i.e. a double-pole breaker? It soounds like the OP
had separate OCPDs on the two legs of the multiwire duplex receptacle.

In new installations all of the devices on a yoke or strap must be
deenergized by a single switch, breaker, or pull out but that
requirement is relatively recent. There is no requirement to alter
existing circuits when the code changes.

OK, but I believe the OP was moving a split-circuit receptacle. I
would assume that this requires meeting the new code requirements.

I think you are right about meeting current codes. If you do repair
or installion of equipment, unless the code allows for certain
existing conditions, i believe you need to do work to today's
requirements.

Cheers, Wayne

later,

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com