CJT

DaveC wrote:
I've got several remote alarm sensors triggered by 120vac relays. When power
fails, the alarm calls the right folks.

Problem is that even the small power glitches get these guys out of bed. Not
a good thing.

How can I delay the de-energizing of these relays? 5 minutes without power is
OK. Will a series diode and shunt cap do the trick? If so, what size cap? If
not, what're my options?

The relay is similar to this one:

http://tinyurl.com/6pppw

Thanks,

Here's what you do. Put a cheap answering machine on the same power
circuit that you're trying to monitor, and connect it to the phone line
that the call gets made on.

Tell the guys that when they get a call (they'll still be awakened, so
perhaps this is not a perfect solution) to call back to that number.
If the answering machine answers, it has power, and hence so does the
equipment. If the answering machine fails to answer, get in the truck.

;-)