Tony Hogarty

Default Combi boiler hot water problem

Hi

I ahve a Glow worm Swift Flow 100E combi boliler that is driving me nuts.
The problem manifests itself as a problem with supplying hot water to the
shower. It seems to heat the water well initially and provides an adequate
flow of water to have a comfortable shower but then after a minute or two
of running the water will go cold for 20 seconds or so before getting hot
again. It is not caused by any of the normal suspects such as somebody
turning a tap on or the dishwasher/washing machine switching on as these
are all off. Nor is it the thermostatic valve in the shower unit as I can
feel that the supply to the valve is absolutely stone cold. I thought it
may be caused by the central heating demanding heat but even with the CH
turned off the problem remains.

I don't have any form of manual for the boiler which doesn't help (anybody
know where I can get one in electronic form?) but is there perhaps an water
overheat thermostat that is faulty somewhere in the system? Any
suggestions welcome as I am getting hacked off with dancing in and out of
the shower as the temp fluctuates.
--
Take out the garbage to reply

Regards