Tom

GTO69RA4 wrote:

Quick question for any bearing heads in the group. I'm looking to replace an
old ND 3L06 bearing, which is the same thing is a modern 6006. The only problem
is that the outer race has a groove for a snap run close to one side. Is this
something that's normally available, or was it a custom job for a given
company?

Also, if it was a custom, is there anything preventy me from turning a groove
in a stock bearing with a carbide tool or abrasive slitting wheel?

GTO(John)

The designation is 6006N with groove, 6006NR with snapring in groove.

Tom