raden

In message , Pinot
Grigio writes
This is a very successful group with loads of good advice.
However, because it is so popular, a thread is 'dead and buried' far down
the list within a couple of days very often leaving questions unanswered.

Not sure how it is done, but may I suggest splitting this group into some
new groups:

You can, but we frequently get this question coming up and is met with a
resounding NO

Apart from the fact that IIRC it would no longer be possible to have
such names, threads intersect and change direction, and people with
useful experience wouldn't necessarily visit the other groups causing a
splintering of the group

uk.d-i-y.building
uk.d-i-y.electrical
uk.d-i-y.plumbing
uk.d-i-y.carpentry
uk.d-i-y.misc
(uk.d-i-y.tools+appliances)

On past form, you're flogging a dead horse

--
geoff