Mike Abbott

Default Hot Air Gun - recommendation?

in article , Andrew McKay at
wrote on 6/7/03 2:52 pm:

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:56:19 +0100, Mike Abbott wrote:

Any gotcha's I should look out for?

Have you thought of a blowtorch instead? Just a thought - the hot air
gun is a bit expensive to run as I recall, and not so configurable in
terms of what comes out at the sharp end - with a blowtorch you can
change the size of the flame.

I'm open to any solution:
Sanding disc on drill?
Chemical stripper (although that Nitomors stuff scare me stiff. I go into
the DIY shed planning to buy some; pick up the tin, read the warnings - and
chicken out
Blowtorch (I've only got the gas variety - too hot?)
Hot Air
....basically whatever will get the job done with the minimum hassle.

Mike A.