Dave Hinz

On 05 Jan 2005 19:50:01 GMT, GTO69RA4 wrote:
Quick question for any bearing heads in the group. I'm looking to replace an
old ND 3L06 bearing, which is the same thing is a modern 6006. The only problem
is that the outer race has a groove for a snap run close to one side. Is this
something that's normally available, or was it a custom job for a given
company?

I've seen it in bearing catalogs, but I don't recall what they're
called.

Also, if it was a custom, is there anything preventy me from turning a groove
in a stock bearing with a carbide tool or abrasive slitting wheel?

Heat buildup and the chance of deforming the geometry would be my
concerns, aside from the fact that race material is _very_ hard to cut.