Kat

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:59:35 GMT, "mrcheerful
.." wrote:

I thought the OP was female?

No - male actually.

My 4x4 is perfectly reliable, only failure has been fuel pump and that had
the grace to break at a convenient place and cost a tenner for a second-hand
one, try and get a Subaru (for instance) fuel pump, full stop, let alone a
Tuesday afternoon from an ordinary breakers yard. To my mind, spend 500
quid on the car and you have money to spend fixing whatever is needed to get
a workhorse that is fun too, and won't break the bank for repairs, probably
insurance is cheap too.

That's pretty much my philosophy too, though I'd stretch to £1500 if I
think it'll buy me more reliability and/or a car that's more fun to
drive. I'm keen to get something that won't get rusting sills. I'm
tired of getting caught out by that problem.