Andy Hall

On 1 Jan 2005 13:43:39 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Anyone got any good ideas on how to fasten a wooden side panel onto a
bath in such a way that the fastening is; invisible (from the outside),
adjustable (it's bound not to be level) and removable (should I need
to get at my scabby plumbing)?

I'm tempted to ignore the "invisible" requirement and just screw it on
with nice screws (chromed dome heads or mirror screws or somesuch)...

How about magnetism.

Axminster, and I'm sure others, sell rare earth magnets quite cheaply
-
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

Construct a wooden frame and fix that in place to the floor, walls
etc. to give a firm foundation. Drill holes for the magnets with a
Forstner bit or spade bit with care and glue in the magnets.

Take some penny washers (say 25mm diameter with a small hole) -
available from usual sources - roughen and epoxy them to the inside of
the panel.

It meets all of your criteria.....

I've used this quite successfully for a panel of similar size to a
bath one. It is as well to arrange a small gap somewhere to slide a
hook in for later removal. These are quite strong magnets......

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl