Stephen Dawson

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article . com,
"crb" writes:
I advised Southern Electric that I intended to break the seal for my
main fuse to enable me to safely fit an isolator between the meter and
the C.U. I explained that I was familiar with the IEE Regulations and
the upcoming Part P legislation.

Their response was unhelpful, saying that this must only be done by a
"16th Edition Electrician". I can understand why they responded in
this way, as they wished to cover their back.

Last time I asked Southern Electric, they were happy for me to do
it, and they added a note to the account that it needed resealing
by the meter reader. That's never happened, because subcontracted
meter readers don't do that anymore.

As it happenes, I am a "16th Edition Electrician" if it means what
I suspect it does, but they never asked me this at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Southern Electric do not use sub contract meter readers.