Dave Stanton

However, I wonder how such work could retrospectively be proved to have
been carried out by an "approved" person. Would the fuse be re-sealed in
some manner to enable subsequent approbation? If so, do such electricians
have a standardised "lead seal" sealer (my existing seal is imprinted
"SEB").

Obviously, one way would be the production of a headed invoice covering
the work, but as far as I am aware this is not included as a requirement
in the Electricity Suppliers T&C.

CRB

Some people brush dust all over the fuse unit after they have finished
doing what work needs doing. Then no one knows when it was unsealed...
So I am led to believe.....

Dave