Lurch

On 30 Dec 2004 06:28:15 -0800, "crb"
strung together this:

However, I wonder how such work could retrospectively be proved to have
been carried out by an "approved" person. Would the fuse be
re-sealed in some manner to enable subsequent approbation? If so, do
such electricians have a standardised "lead seal" sealer (my
existing seal is imprinted "SEB").

The only people approved for resealing a meter are the mebers of the
electrical suppliers meter fitting team, or whoever they contract it
out to.

Obviously, one way would be the production of a headed invoice covering
the work, but as far as I am aware this is not included as a
requirement in the Electricity Suppliers T&C.

You can't, as I say, only the REC or their contractors are allowed to
seal and unseal the meter, technically.

Best bet is to just ignore them, cut the seal and leave it for someone
to reseal off their own back, whilst denying all knowledge of how it
came to be unsealed in the first place. Always works for me.
--

SJW