Rick Dipper

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:17:25 GMT, "brugnospamsia"
wrote:

Dear Group,

as threatened in my previous post, here's another ...

I have a rather inconveniently laid out victorian terrace with the stairs in
between the two rooms upstairs and down which means that you have to walk
through the back bedroom to get to the bathroom - unless you halve the floor
area by making a corridor around the edge - thus spoiling the better
bedroom.

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreeng...outchanges.JPG

Since the stair treads and risers need replacing anyway (though with luck
this would cost little more than the price of a sheet of MDF and one of
plywood), it has been suggested I might have new stairs made and fitted in
reverse at an estimated cost of at least £500.
In the process I also get improved use of the alcoves for storage ...

I can't predict whether I would be looking to sell or rent the house any
time soon, but I wonder if someone could please take a look at my sketch and
tell me if what I am suggesting is an improvement and "worth" the expense.

thanks in anticipation

Jeremy

One solution is to make the 2nd bedroom long and thin, ie the current
bacthroom, and the back of the existing bedroom, making the bathroom
the front of the existing bedroom.

Rick

---