crb

Default Breaking and sealing main supply fuse

I advised Southern Electric that I intended to break the seal for my
main fuse to enable me to safely fit an isolator between the meter and
the C.U. I explained that I was familiar with the IEE Regulations and
the upcoming Part P legislation.

Their response was unhelpful, saying that this must only be done by a
"16th Edition Electrician". I can understand why they responded in
this way, as they wished to cover their back.

However, I wonder how such work could retrospectively be proved to have
been carried out by an "approved" person. Would the fuse be
re-sealed in some manner to enable subsequent approbation? If so, do
such electricians have a standardised "lead seal" sealer (my
existing seal is imprinted "SEB").

Obviously, one way would be the production of a headed invoice covering
the work, but as far as I am aware this is not included as a
requirement in the Electricity Suppliers T&C.

CRB