brugnospamsia

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:17:25 GMT, "brugnospamsia"
wrote:

snip

I have a rather inconveniently laid out victorian terrace with the stairs
in
between the two rooms upstairs and down which means that you have to walk
through the back bedroom to get to the bathroom - unless you halve the
floor
area by making a corridor around the edge - thus spoiling the better
bedroom.

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreeng...outchanges.JPG

snip

I can't predict whether I would be looking to sell or rent the house any
time soon, but I wonder if someone could please take a look at my sketch
and
tell me if what I am suggesting is an improvement and "worth" the expense.

I used to have one of these houses, we sold when the first kid came
along, and we struggled to sell it to families, a single guy got it in
the end .........

Sorting out the access problem is a great idea .........

My neighbours crammed 3 children in theirs !

They kept the stairs and hall wall in the original position, split the front
bedroom, put a Velux in the new room with no window and put a corridor
around the back bedroom - not sure who had which room - the two boys, the
girl, or mum and dad - all crammed into three tiny bedrooms.....