Colin Irvine

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:37:55 +0000, Ziggy
squeezed out the following:

Other models (Humax, Fusion) have standard 3.5 in drives and these can
be upgraded but there is IIRC no twin tuner model yet.

Fusion and Thomson both do them now.

I also note it's subscription-free - good! - does it still get programme
details/transmission times etc over the ether, or do you have to enter
all that yourself?

Thre was only a 24 hour programme guide but IIRC parts of the country
now get up to 7 days EPG.

Correct. The Thomson's recent software upgrade allegedly gets 14 day
EPG.

I would wait at least six months until newer models hit the market or
the dual mode - HDD/DVD writers come down in price, then you can
record to HDD, edit and burn to DVD.

Anything you get is superceded a month or two later. I think UKP200k
or less for a Freeview box with built-in 40Gb HDD is worth going for.

--
Colin Irvine