Mike Harrison

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:20:36 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On 29 Dec 2004, raden wrote
In message , Mike
writes
"raden" wrote in message
In message , Lurch
writes

I haven't managed to read all posts thoroughly but the TV
gestapo send you letters if you buy a TV, not if you have one
in the house. So, if you buy a TV you have to fill out your
details on a form, then they st6art sending you letters to
apply for a TV licence.

Absolutely not true

Afraid it is - or at least was. Remember all sorts of complaints
in the trade rags about the paperwork this was creating. Their
version of Part P
-)

T'isn't, t'isn't t'isn't

When we bought a DVD recorder just prior to Christmas, and asked why
the shop wanted our address, we were told it was "for the TV licensing
people".

Guess they were lying.

It it illegal to give them a false adddress?