brugnospamsia

"Paul Barker" wrote in message

| I have a rather inconveniently laid out victorian terrace with the
| stairs in between the two rooms upstairs and down which means that
| you have to walk through the back bedroom to get to the bathroom -
| unless you halve the floor area by making a corridor around the
edge
| - thus spoiling the better bedroom.
| http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreeng...outchanges.JPG

Looking deeper into the problems of this small house, the existing
stairs are unlikely to comply with current regs, so the proposed stairs
to be compliant wouldn't fit. You may be able to get approval from the
planning department without which you will come unstuck when you sell.

current stairs seem to be just about ok at about 42.4 degrees and the new
staircase has an extra foot to play with ...

Have you considered a loft extension?

centre valley roof :-(

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreengiant/ruin.jpg

this is the rear of a spookily similar house - photo taken at turn of last
century a mile or two from here mine is in slightly better condition ;-)

--
Paul Barker

---