James Hart

Mike Pepper wrote:
I really like the idea of a hard disk - no more hunting round for a

blank tape with enough free space left; no more hunting round for
that tape with the final episode of '24', which I know is there
somewhere - but have some concerns...

I very much like the sound of the hard disk based systems too, but one
critiscm I have read is of excessive noise from the units, (presumably
fan noise and noise from the HDD itself). - Has anyone who owns such
a unit got any comments on this?

I've got a TiVo sat straight under the TV and don't find the noise intrusive
at all, it's behind a glass door but the back is open to the room and the
only time you can hear it is if you get right up close to it. I have though
swapped the standard HD for a bigger one and specifically choose a quiet
running drive. The cooling fan on the case is very quiet, if only PC
manufacturers could catch on.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk