Rick Dipper

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:10:01 +0000, John Daragon
wrote:

Chaps, hi;

I want to upgrade a workbench. The top is fine, but the legs aren't as
stable as they might be, so I'd like to put together a frame of (say) 4x4s,
braced with some half inch ply, but I'd like to be able to dismantle the
thing if need be.

So I'm looking for a simple jointing system. There is (was?) one with a
metal cylinder drilled and threaded for a perpendicular bolt, which was
often used for flat-pack furniture.

Does anyone have any idea what this is called and where I might buy it from
?

jd

Halving Joints and screws do it for me ...............

Assuming you only dismantle occasionally.

If screws look too wimpy, try bolts or coach screws.

Rick