Jeff Wisnia

It is a grounded receptacle in the light fixture! I just want more.
It's the only place where I can add them without tearing up my walls.
Plus my bathroom is tiny so space is a problem. If I could add a GFCI
to the light ficture, I would, but they are huge and there is no room
for that (unless I can stuff it in the wall behind the light fixture,
but then there is no test and reset switch).

At the risk of having missed something on this thread, is there a reason
you couldn't install a GFCI breaker in the main panel - for the circuit
feeding that fixture?

Assuming of course that the place isn't so old it's still got a "fuse box".

I'm no big fan of panel mounted GFCIs myself, it can be too damned hard
to track down where along the road some slight electrical leakage is
causing nuisance tripping, as in damp weather.

As built, our house had one GFCI breaker in the panel which serviced
three bathrooms' recipticals and an exterior plug receptical, plus two
small bathroom vent fans. The vent fan motors would sometimes leak
enough after a steamy shower to trip the breaker, and I got ****ed at
having to run down two flights of stairs bare assed and dripping to
reset the breaker.

I prefer to use GFCI outlets wherever there is a possibility that a
person could get in trouble, which is what I've done inside and out
throughout our house.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia