"I know, I know - money is tight. But when you are lying in helpless
convulsions on the bathroom floor as 120V has it's way with you, or
perhaps your house catches fire due to faulty wiring - you will really
wish that you had spent the $$. Well, maybe for a few moments anyway."

Umm, I used to design and build power plants as en electrical engineer
for a living. Before that I was an electronics technician for years.
I doubt that I could hire a contracter that is smarter or that will do
a better job than me (or one that speaks English). Now exactly what
are your qualifications?