zxcvbob

toller wrote:
One more thing I just thought of; if it's a 3-wire dryer circuit,
he can't move it to a subpanel and be kosher. It would have to be
4 wires if fed from a subpanel.

And that is because it is illegal to create a 3-wire dryer circuit
and the old one is grandfathered, or is it something to do with the
subpanel itself?

It is something to do with the subpanel itself -- the subpanel will have
its neutral buss isolated from the chassis. AFAIK, dryer circuits have
always needed 4 wires if fed from a subpanel because of this. (That's
why you can't have a 3-wire 120/240 circuit in a mobile home.)

If it the new circuit, he could move the waterpump. The ones I have
seen don't have neutrals.

It's not the new circuit, but that's a great idea anyway. :-)

Best regards,
Bob