William Deans

Greetings,

This all sounds like a lot of work to me. It might be even less work to put
up another sheet of 3/8" drywall over your existing ceiling and paint it.
The finished product will look BRAND NEW and will never fail because of
paint / dirt underneith.

Hope this helps,
William

"Mastermech" wrote in message
Plan on repainting the ceiling in the kitchen. The paint is about 25 years
old and starting to peel in a few spots.
My question is if I fill the peeled area with joint compound and paint the
entire ceiling am I going to have to worry about other sections peeling

from
underneath the new paint and ruining it?
Is the some type of sealer to prevent this?

Thanks for any input.
JRE