zxcvbob

toller wrote:
If you are planning on putting the subpanel in your workshop (rather than
near the main panel) that would work fine. Other wise you could save $10 by
moving the dryer to the subpanel.

I actually had the BQC220230 in mind. That would give you one new 20a 240v
circuit without requiring a subpanel. (if I am reading the description
right anyhow.) Assuming you will never want more than a couple new
circuits, that is cheaper than a subpanel.

One more thing I just thought of; if it's a 3-wire dryer circuit, he
can't move it to a subpanel and be kosher. It would have to be 4 wires
if fed from a subpanel.

Bob