James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Ok,
I think I've got a solution thanks to the inputs. I've got one 2p breaker
for the dryer
that I could replace with a BQ230250 quad breaker. I could hook the dryer
up to the
30's and run the 50's over to a small subpanel where I could have a couple
of 20A/240V
breakers to supply the TS and Cyclone. Does this sound feasible to you
guys?
Thanks a million for the help!
jlc

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Thanks Toller!
The box is made by Westinghouse. I did a quick look at Lowe's yesterday
and didn't
see any of the "quad breakers" as you describe. Lemme look around as
that might be
one solution. As for being on the edge, I'm far from it. The box has
240 circuits for the
dryer, stove, A/C, and water pump. I only use the water pump circuit
since we are gas on both
the dryer and stove. I'll definitely look into these quad breakers. The
current breakers
are the "BR" variety.
Cheers,
jlc

"toller" wrote in message
news
I can't comment on "replacing the guts". Seems like it ought to be okay,
but I don't actually know. A subpanel might make more sense anyhow.

You haven't said what your breaker box was, but they make quad breakers
for mine. That gives you two 240v circuits in the place of one. Have
you exhausted that route already?

You can alway put the work shop circuit in place of the dryer, and allow
the new owner the choice of which he wants to use it for. I can't see
anyone objecting to that.

I doubt you are getting 125a now; but that wouldn't matter unless you
happen to know you are right on the edge now and adding the new circuit
will put you over. At worst, you maybe couldn't use the table saw when
the oven and air conditioner are also in use; rarely a big deal.