HorneTD

Louis McEniry wrote:
Hello,

I dabble with electrical. And generally, I will 'copy' existing wiring so I
don't screw things up too much. I thought I was being very carefull to do
this in this case.

I moved a recepticle through a floor to have an extra plug in my bedroom. I
wrote the wiring scheme of the receptacle down so I could duplicate the
wiring upstairs.

It was a three wire, 12 guage, receptacle. Why its three wires, I don't
know.

The scheme on the back of the receptacle I though was:

Left side Right side
Black White

Red

From the fuse box, the black and Red wires were each on its own fuse, ie
both hot....again why, I do not know.

The problem is that the above scheme doesn't work... I can input one fuse,
but when putting in the second, it blows.

Can anyone help me ???

Thanks!

Louis

Louis
A couple of questions. Do you live in Canada? Did that receptacle
serve your kitchen at one time?
--
Tom H