Ken Davey

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

Here in upstate NY, an entire lake was contaminated with PCBs by
some guy "salvaging" transformers at the shoreline. The fish are no
longer safe to eat. You may want to investigate further what may be
inside that

transformer

of yours before disassembling it. Perhaps your state's environmental
conservation department, or local department of solid waste could
assist

in

finding out more. Or, the manufacturer.

How many transformers do you have in your house, Doug?
How many of those contain PCBs?
What types of transformers used PCBs, and what was the purpose for
the PCBs? Jon

I'm not Doug, but oil is used in larger transformer for
cooling. PCBs were added to improve heat transfer. I have
no idea what the smallest size of oil filled transformers
are but larger ones are way bigger than 200 pounds. 8KVA
may be a little small for an oil filled transformer.

Geez ig. You sure stirred up a hornets' nest here.
Getting to be one of those long (remembered) threads.
BTW what program/workflow gets those photos on line so fast? I Emailed you
at both addresses you posted but have had no reply.
Still interested in that starter motor?

Regards.
Ken.

--