On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:17:05 -0500, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

You can use Wiremold #500 or #700 raceway for power. They sell it at Home
Depot, but your local electrical supply house probably has a better
selection of accessories and better prices. Ask to look at a Wiremold
catalog.

You might want to consider running a separate line for this instead of
tapping off of an existing circuit. Five or six outlets plus lights may
overload an existing circuit.

Depending on what is plugged in your are right.

Also, do you want to plug in something and trip the breaker, to also
have your lights go out? Yikes.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

wrote in message
roups.com...
My son is fixing up his basement. He is not covering the cement walls.
There are no wall outlets. I plan on helping him put some service
into the room. We will tap into a line that powers an overhead light.
From there, the plan is to run wire down a wall then across the wall

with five or six outlets then to a wall switch to power a light as you
come into the room.
Anyone have some ideas on making this look decent against the concrete?
We plan on using some type of conduit. I've seen a type of conduit
that is flat with outlets that can be placed anywhere along the length.
All ideas are welcome.

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com