On 3 Jan 2005 10:18:14 -0800, "Thomas" wrote:

I am upgrading my bathrooms and have now an orphaned NM14 cable leading
to an outdoor receptacle, which I upgraded to be a GFCI receptacle.
Now I need to supply it with power from somewhere. I know that
according to NEC 2002 I can't supply it from a circuit that supplies a
bathroom (where it used draw power from). Are there any other
restrictions/requirements regarding outdoor receptacles, or can I
pretty much splice it on to an available cable from a 15 amp circuit
(with a box of course)?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

When you said you upgraded your bathroom, did you upgrade it to a
20amp circuit? Plus, does this circuit supply only this bathroom?

If so, then you can fish out the 14awg, and pull in a new 12awg and
you should be able to connect the outside box per, 2002 NEC 210.11(C)3
Exp 1.

No as usual, follow local codes, and allow only qualified personnel
work on your house.

later,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com