Default Wiring question

My son is fixing up his basement. He is not covering the cement walls.
There are no wall outlets. I plan on helping him put some service
into the room. We will tap into a line that powers an overhead light.
From there, the plan is to run wire down a wall then across the wall

with five or six outlets then to a wall switch to power a light as you
come into the room.
Anyone have some ideas on making this look decent against the concrete?
We plan on using some type of conduit. I've seen a type of conduit
that is flat with outlets that can be placed anywhere along the length.
All ideas are welcome.