HorneTD

I would suggest that you buy the button type of Insulation Displacing
Connectors (IDCs) and use them to splice on new cable segments
on a wire for wire basis. The advantages of the IDCs is that you can
apply them without any special tool and they take up less space
then a 66 block.

I am not exactly sure if I understand you correctly. The term "IDC"
seems to be relevant to the use of a 110 block. The IDC seems to be
the connection point in a 110 block. Are you suggesting that I should
use a 110 block instead of a 66 block? BTW, I intend to install a 110
Distribution Block in the new location. Therefore, 110 block is not
foreign to me. I am just not sure if the IDC that you are referring to
imply the use of a 110 block.

I was wondering why they use those bridging clips instead of using
wires when I was reading the instruction of a 66 Split M Block. Thanks
for the explanation.

Jay Chan

The IDCs I'm talking about are made by 3M and others to splice telephone
wiring without the bulk of a 66 or 110 punch down block.

http://www.action-electronics.com/pppto.htm#3mu is a photograph of what
I'm talking about. As others have mentioned they are silicon filled so
that there is little risk of the connection corroding open later.
--
Tom H