HaHaHa

From: "Terry"

"LRESA500" wrote in message
We are about to replace our electric range. Why are the Slide-In Ranges so

much
more expensive than the Free-Standing models ?

And IMHO much harder to fix!
A plain old 'standard' four burner plus oven electric cooking stove can
usually be slid out (on a piece of plywood to protect the floor if
necessary) and worked on from all around; still plugged into the range
outlet in the wall. Also you can buy small castors or dollies that replace
the metal feet of some models that make it much easier to move it out to
clean/work behind it
Your choice but personally I wouldn't bother with "Built Ins". Your mileage
may vary.
Terry

Why do 4-burner "drop-in" cooktops cost more than a complete free-standing
range & oven?

I just bought a new range. Saw the newer "slide-in" models too. Unless your
backsplash is complete behind the existing range, don't bother.

They're more expensive for the same reason everything else that's a "new style"
is more expensive. Supply - demand economics.

IMHO they do give a neater, cleaner appearance when slid into a granite
countertop with a full granite backsplash.

It seems the older style is now going inthe opposite direction, with the back
panel getting taller and taller.