JOHN E. CARR

I have one, that you can have for 50.00 includes shipping.
JOHNC
"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
I concur on the Sony DVP-S7000. I own three of them. Not only great
performance, but it has
the only DVD laser pickup I have yet seen to prove itself long term
reliable.
Plus, it has a 2
channel audio DAC board that is really easy to remove & do upgrades upon.

My biggest gripe about the S7000 is that there is no DTS output. Other
than
that, though.

I also like the DVP-S7700, but wished it didn't have the chroma upsampling
problem which the S7000 does not exhibit.

Back on the subject of the DVP-S530D, I could swear that one of the dvd
mechs/lasers just
listed in the Sony section of the newest MCM catalog is the right one for
the
530, and was
something like $35, laser & motors included.

I wouldn't doubt that those parts can go on sale or what not. For
instance,
some places list the Sony KSS-210 CD pickup at around $40. I got my
replacement KSS-210 for my Marantz CD-3577 for about $20 from Suburban
Electronics. - Reinhart