majortom

Hmmm, Do you have or can you borrow another Known Good Receiver???
That might eliminate a possible receiver problem. Ur buddy while as
experienced as he may
be, probably is just brushing ya off to go digital. If he's as
experienced as ya say he outta
have something lying around you could try. If not he may not be as
experienced as ya think???.

When you say the ABC channels, are you referring to the "in the clear'
ABC feeds
on T6 (AKA Intel Americas 6)?? Or the Subcription ABC Networks from
Denver on F1 or
WKRN on AMC3?? I too have an antenna that's almost as old as I, but it
does fairly well
on G5. My main problems are due to obstructions, although some of what
I said before
applies to me as well.

I have noticed the WSEE signal on AMC3 (W3) which is rather high in the
sky for me and free
from obstructions has gotten very crummy lately. While the rest of that
same sat is fine. That's why
I mentioned that digital signals on adjacent satellites can cause
interference when usiing older mesh
antennas that just don't have the tight & narrow beamwidth of modern
antennas.

You may have the lowest noise temperature LNB available, and it won't
do you any good whatsoevr if
the antenna has a crummy noise figure itself, or is otherwise "out of
shape in any way". Look for dents in
the mesh, signs of the dish being warperd out of round, etc...check the
alignment of the feed for
correct focus, etc...

The following is a good link, has some notes on checking for those
sorts of defects..

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tun...l#anchor469886

Hope it helps...If nothing else you'll learn something reading it.