Dave Hinz

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:59:40 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 4 Jan 2005 16:04:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't think it's possible to do that transparently, and in my not
insubstantial experience with the product, it does not do that.

Having no experience with the product, I couldn't say, I was only going
by what was written.

But even so, think of this logically - if a program was capable of
switching to admin without asking for the user's help, that would
indicate a _huge_ security hole of epic proportions (more so than
the normal huge windows security holes, that is).

(snipola)

and assumed
that the app was at fault when he didn't recognize or remember that
he had logged in as admin. Easier to badmout a program, though, than
to figure out what you screwed up, isn't it?

Well, I always know that it's the table saw's fault whenever the really
wide board I'm cutting winds up 1/8" too small because I'm taking it off of
the off-fence side of the cut, so why shouldn't the same apply to software?

True, that. Cut the damn thing three times, and it's _still_ too short.