R. Wink

I'm running W2K SP4 (5.00.2195) using the standard M/S log on stuff. Both my normal and the administrator accounts use the
same password and have the same rights. I set the box up this way as I was advised by M/S to NOT use the administrators
account as the "normal" log on account. I've a total of 3 boxes and 1 notebook set up this way but this is the only one I've
installed AVG 7.X on. My mouse is a Logitech 4 button that is running 9.78 software with buttons swapped. After installing
AVG, I had to reset all of the buttons as they reverted to the "standard," out of the box settings. Video is a Hitachi 801HR
monitor with a Nvidia TNT2 card. I lost the desktop color which was a custom color and the screen saver reverted to the
"default screen saver." I needed to reset both to my preference after the log on.
R. Wink

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:27:28 -0500, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

"R. Wink" wrote in message
.. .
AVG, during the install, changed to the administrator account without any

warning, dialog box or other information. After I
figured out what had happened, I logged out of the administrator account

and then logged in with my normal account which has
the same rights as the administrators account. Most things returned to

normal, however it did change the video resolution
and removed the customization I had for my mouse.
R. Wink

Weird. Like I said, I installed in on 5 computers, all running either W2K
or XP and had no such occurrences. What release of Windows are you running?
The profiles that I installed each one under all had administrative
privileges - don't know if that made a difference or not.