brocpuffs

On 4 Jan 2005 16:04:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:10:52 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 3 Jan 2005 16:16:00 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:43:26 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"R. Wink" wrote in message

I have had AVG on my XP machine for some time. I think it's a really
good program.

I never noticed any such user-Administrator change as you speak of.
But my memory blows so bad its possible that happened, and I let it
run because they state the program needs to be installed under Admin
privileges.

So many things can mess this up. I was going nuts a little while ago
because a number of apps I had deleted long ago, kept being
reinstalled in the Startup menu. Everytime I tried to delete them, no
matter how, they would insist on being reinstalled, no option. Even in
my Admin account, I couldn't remove them.

I finally found that LavaSoft's Ad-Watch (not Ad-Aware) was behind
this, deleted it, and everything thereafter worked as it should have.

Just an example of the kind of thing computers can do-

James