Bob

Ok, Reagan had huge deficits. Do you think it only cost a dollar and ninety
five cents to win the Cold War? Wasn't the deficit worth it? Years ago my
wife and I took a tour with a group to Russia. I asked the tour guide that
all we ever saw about Russia on TV was their military might. How come we
don't see it any more? The tour guides response to me was, "your President
Reagan broke us". Now Greg tell me if the deficit was worth it.
You are obviously a liberal democrat and nothing Bush or the Republicans do,
will you EVER agree with. I used to be a democrat when they were for the
working man. Like in the days of Truman, Roosevelt, and JFK. Now look at
who the leaders of my old party are.

"GregP" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:20:32 GMT, "Bob" wrote:

No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity. JFK, Reagan, or GW
doesn't think so either. As the economy grows, so will the revenue taken

in
by the government.

Reagan lowered taxes for high-income people but he raised
taxes on everyone else a number of times throughout his tenure.
In spite of that, he and the Dem-controlled congress still managed
to produce huge deficits (they seemed huge then, but GB II's
make them seem small by comparison).