Greg O

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, now I feel like an idiot. I was looking at the motor again
tonight and realized that per the instructions on the main wiring
block, it was wired for 240 volts. Once I changed it to 120 volts, the
motor started right up. I am not sure if there is any torque on the
motor as it was disassebled and I did not feel like putting my hand on
it when it was disassembled.

This does raise a few questions that maybe someone can help me with.

1. Since it was set to 240 volts on the wiring block, are there any
other changes made to the motor to get it to work with 240 volts?

2. I was surprised to see that it still had a 120 volt plug on the
motor. Does this indicate that someone was probably playing with the
motor and not really using it for 240 volts? I thought that it would
need a new plug to be used in a 240 volt outlet?

3. Does this have anything to do with the possible disconnected part I
mentioned in my previous posting?

I will put the saw back together in the next few days and test it out.
As I mentioned, I hoped to get it working because it is recalled but I
am eligible for an upgrade kit and not the $100.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Glen

Glad you got it going!
I have an older Sears RA saw that works well. It does not qualify for the
upgrade kit, they want the motor and then I get the $100. Beings I like to
live dangerously I decided to keep the saw!
Greg