Greg O

wrote in message
oups.com...

The part in question is in the first picture and it is the two copper
leads coming out of the clear plastic casing. It is located on the
back end of the motor and appears that it has solder on it. Should it
be connected to something and/or could it be causing my problems?

Thanks for all the help.

Glen

It could be the start switch! Is it possible someone tried to fix this motor
before you got it? I see a yellow wire nut that looks out of place too. Most
factory connections are spade connections, wire nuts are not typical.

Maybe time to take it to a motor shop!

Have you checked to see if this saw falls into the safty recall that Sears
has out? You may just want to collect the $100 from the recall and move on!
Greg