I tried my compressor to blow air on the motor but it did not help. I
think taking the motor apart to find the cetrifical switch is a little
over my head. I will try replacing the capacitor first and see if that
helps.

I do have another quesiton. I found a part on the saw motor that looks
like it should be connected to something that it currently is not. If
possible, please see pictures of the motor on the following:

http://www.geocities.com/gtannenb/Motor1.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/gtannenb/Motor2.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/gtannenb/Motor3.JPG

The part in question is in the first picture and it is the two copper
leads coming out of the clear plastic casing. It is located on the
back end of the motor and appears that it has solder on it. Should it
be connected to something and/or could it be causing my problems?

Thanks for all the help.

Glen

Jim wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for all your help. I will try the compressed air from my
compressor tomorrow. I had used a small can of air but I do not

think
it did a great job. Higher pressure air might do the job.

I am not sure what the centrifical switch looks like. Can anyone
describe it or where it is located on the motor? I looked at the

part
sheet for the motor on Sear's web site but it does not list a part
called a cetrifical switch.

The centrifugal switch is inside the motor. It isn't surprising that

they
don't list it in the parts diagram.
An electric motor repair place would be your best bet to find the

correct
part.

What the switch does is disconnect the start winding when the motor

gets up
to about 75% full speed.

If this switch is does not engage, then the motor will not start with
external aid (which might be a bit dangerous).
If the capacitor is bad, the motor will not start either.
Jim