Charley

The centrifical switch is in the end of the motor. If I remember correctly,
it is in the end oposite the saw blade. There is a set of weights that swing
out as the motor comes up to speed which moves a hard plastic ring. The
movement of the ring operates a switch contact. The switch contacts should
be closed when the motor isn't running, but should open to disconnect the
capacitor and start winding when the motor reaches about 1000 RPM.

--
Charley

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for all your help. I will try the compressed air from my
compressor tomorrow. I had used a small can of air but I do not think
it did a great job. Higher pressure air might do the job.

I am not sure what the centrifical switch looks like. Can anyone
describe it or where it is located on the motor? I looked at the part
sheet for the motor on Sear's web site but it does not list a part
called a cetrifical switch.

BTW, I figure the saw is about 20 years old.

Thanks again.

Glen

Greg O wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I hope someone can help me. I was given a Sears Radial Arm Saw

that
does not work. The model number is 113.197750. When I turn it on,

the
motor hums but does not turn. I turn the motor when it is on and

it
turns freely but will not spin on its own.

That motor uses a centifical switch and a capacitor to run. Either

one could
be bad. The capacitor may be the easist to just replace, any motor

shop
should have one for less than $10. The centrifical switch may be more
diffecult as it requires some dissassemly of the motor.
Greg