WD

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 10:40:42 -0700, s wrote:

is this machine a performax? if so, I don't think it's convertable.

Nop, it's a generic of the old model Performax 16/32.

you need to run more wire, and probably upsize your breaker box. it'll
cost you less than one good sized woodworking machine, it'll make your
life a lot easier and it'll add years to the lives of the machines you
have now.

We are prepared to "suffer" a bit longer. While scrounging in estate's sales I
came across very attractive ranch houses with large basement and easy access to
the back yard. My garage is too small to accommodate all the machineries (YC 8"
jointer, YC 15" planer, Rigid miter saw, 6 CFM compressor, 13" pillar drill,
Crapsman TS, Grizzly 14" bandsaw), latest a 16/32 generic drum sander and down
the road a wood lathe.

Beside adding a new circuit, do you think it is safe to replace the 15-amp
breaker to a 20-amp breaker?

not without the OK of an electrician.

Thanks, in that case I will have to live with it till we move.