Derek Andrews

Keith Young wrote:
I am expecting the Bealle finishing system any day now. I have the motor
mounted model comming. What would you experienced woodturners reccommend for
horsepower and I believe that the RPM should be 1725 or less. It would be
ideal if the motor was not too powerfull so as to stop or slow down rather
than flick the object from my hand.

Mine is a 1/3 HP and runs just fine. I can't say I have ever managed to
slow it down. My feeling is that if you get a snatch the piece will have
been ripped out of your hands long before the motor slows down.

RPM is 1725 which is the max. bealle recommend. I wouldn't go any slower
since the wheel relies on centrifugal force to keep itself stiff.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Wedding Favors ~ Artisan Crafted Gifts ~ One-of-a-Kind Woodturning