william_b_noble

you are half right - commercial compressors have an intercooler - makes a
huge difference

"George" george@least wrote in message

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
I'm not a very heavy user of my air compressor. Regardless of the pro's

and
con's, it probably won't make a lot of difference in the long run for

me.
had noticed that many of the commercial duty compressors had cast iron
compressors, if that means anything. Maybe aluminum with cast iron

cylinder
inserts is the best way to go. Anyway, my compressor is working fine

for
the time being. I'll just have to wait and see about the longevity

angle.

Barry

"George" george@least wrote in message
Aluminum cools faster than cast, which is why many compressors and
air-cooled engines of all flavors with iron inserts have aluminum

cooling
fins.

Though it may have been a buy recommendation for you, it does have its
drawbacks.

It's not longevity. I didn't say that. It's efficiency. The reason you
want fast cooling is it gets you more compressed air faster. Warm air is
less dense, remember? Suck into a warmer cylinder and you start out with
less.