mac davis

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:46:09 -0500, Leo Van Der Loo
wrote:

Hi

The difference is design and quality.
The Oneway chucks are the best in both areas, the chucks unlike others
don't need precision turned wood to mate to but hold better over a
larger area over a greater size difference and on square as well as on
round stock.
Every other chuck is down from there, with more design limitations you
can use lesser quality chucks and not get hurt by flying chunks of wood,
but I don't like to take any more chances than necessary.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

snip
I have to agree that Oneway is very good, but it's my 1st chuck,
(Talon), so I don't have a "standard" to hold it to...

Since buying it in December, I've contacted the folks at Oneway twice,
once for an adapter for the Mini Jet, and once for the spigot jaws for
the chuck.. (I didn't buy my chuck from them)
Both times were very pleasant experiences... tool free number, real
person (Gloria) answers the phone and the shipping is pretty fast,
though they only ship once or twice a week..

I might save a buck or 2 shopping around for accessories, but it's
nice to be able to call the manufacturer and ask questions or order
things..
(both items that I bought direct were the same or lower priced than
Amazon)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing