Denis Marier

Thanks Darrell, What I did before greasing is to clean the shaft with
solvent. Then I, with a cue tip, applied wheel bearing grease. The second
time I used silicone grease. The later did not make much difference. Next
time I'll experiment with outboard marine grease. Lubricating does not
cause me much problem. The OEM belt was the real problem. Now that I have
replaced the belt with a GATES equivalent made in the USA the drive runs
smoother.

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Denis
A Reeves drive has two pulleys that expand or contract ot control the

speed
of the unit. I am lubricating the shaft on which the pulleys ride.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate